Credit Risk Analyst
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
GMF is Xendit’s very own financing arm under Multifinance license from OJK. We provide financing to help customers to help reduce daily crunch and thus improve the cash flow overall. Many of our customers are startups and small businesses that find it difficult to get funding from banks and other traditional lenders. Easy access to capital gives our customers the fuel that they need to grow - and when our customers, their transactions grow, and we grow too.
Of course, growing fast is a thing, but safety and security is something we cannot leave aside, hence we need strong talent to help out with our credit analysis and risk management, this role will mainly focus on:
- Analyzing and assessing the creditworthiness of new and existing clients
- Designing and driving implementation of credit strategies, policies, standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Helping to build, test, develop, validate and monitor comprehensive credit scoring models used to support credit decisions
- Ensure adherence to the laid down policies and procedures for the smooth running of the division
- Giving feedback and recommendation about current procedural and policy whether implementable or having the gaps
- Identify & provide feedback on potential risk and implement the proposed solutions
- Monitoring accounts (i.e. cash flows, repayments, account behavior, compliance with covenants stipulated in the terms of approval) and ensure that portfolio is within the acceptable credit & compliance standards
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
- [Operations excellence] improve our current workflow
- As xenCapital is ramping up, we need more help on vital roles like operations. Your task for the day is to discover, understand and document the processes of what we are doing and how we can provide an excellent business process to the customer.
- [Credit Risk] risk management and underwriting support
- As your main role, you need to take the initiative to build various underwriting models for a wide range of lending products and segments. Sky is the limit, we won't say no to any opportunity with a good risk mitigation strategy.
- Regular portfolio management. As part of the back testing review, we need a simultaneous portfolio review to check modelling effectiveness. You need to prepare regular internal reporting and portfolio analysis also suggesting corrective actions based on each case.
- Policy control. We believe in the system, not the person. To make sure everything is working in the right orbit, we need to maintain an agile credit policy. In order to support business growth, you need to conduct and create a multi dimension of policy for product, process and partnership.
- BAU underwriting process. We are building a fast and responsive underwriting process, you need to provide relevant credit assessment for pipelines and partnership initiative
- Underwriting process improvement. We want to build the most progressive and relevant underwriting process, hence we need an organic process that evolves continuously. To achieve this, we need you to be part of the process as a process analyst who is responsible for regular improvement initiatives.
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
- This means being willing to do end-to-end work, from high level research and strategizing, all the way to executing operations. We like generalists who are able to do a bit of everything.
You may be a good fit if
- You’re hungrier than your peers to succeed
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Has proven track records in credit risk analysis, business lending savvy with sufficient knowledge of consumer lending and other lending segment
- You’re willing to work harder than most and humble enough to learn from people much younger than you
- You are agile, willing to work on various tasks of different natures if necessary
- You communicate well across teams
- You thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- When your coworker needs help late at night and it’s not related to you, you’re down to support them on menial tasks if it makes their lives easier
- Preferably have business experience in consulting, banking, private equity fund, fast growing startup, financing companies, etc.
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in consulting, payments or banking, especially if you understand how core banking systems are run
- Preferably someone with prior experience
- Minimum of 5-6 years experience for credit analysis roles
- Ex fintech startups or banks, combination of both are preferred
- Generalist underwriter, understand wide spectrum of lending products
- Exposed with operation, policy, modeling testing, or non-BAU projects
- Management trainee from bank is preferred
- Business commerce, finance, accounting background are preferred
- Communicate well both in Indonesian and English
- Understand basic regulation for lending business and familiar with a relevant POJK
- Plus points for experience in finance & banking
- Data analysis experience / data science background a plus
- Proficiency in Excel
- Financial modeling skills are a plus
- Attentive to detail
- Understand basic regulatory requirements
- Basic statistics knowledge
- Previous experience should show skills in:
- Leading and delivering projects
- Able to use quantitative and qualitative factors in decision-making
- Excellent communication
- Cross-team collaboration
- Willingness to learn new area