Sales Rep / Account Officer
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
About the Job
You will be part of the team responsible to drive new business opportunities to Xendit’s lending business. Xendit’s lending products are designed to give our customers access to capital to help them grow, many of which are SMEs and startups that can’t get loans from banks or other traditional financial institutions. Our lending business tries to fill this gap by providing fast and flexible financing to businesses to fuel their success. We are pioneering a financing system that integrates lending with payments to achieve sustainable growth.
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- 2+ years experience in a client facing role in banks / multifinance / fintech lending companies
- Hard working, proven experience in qualifying customers and handling an extensive daily call volume
- A passion for meeting the needs of the customer and generating maximum benefit from each customer interaction.
- Proven track record of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and delivering an exceptional customer experience at the same time
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills and personal qualities of integrity, credibility and quality
- Develop a list of 12-15 prospects to contact on a monthly basis
- Close 2-3 credit leads every month
- Ensure customers utilize >75% of their approved credit limits
- Proactively monitor accounts to ensure >90% on time repayments every month
- An extensive SME network & In-depth understanding of selected SME industries
- An extensive network of Financial Institutions especially BPR / Multifinance / Koperasi
- Experience as credit analyst would be a plus
- Identify and pursue new lending prospects across the mid-market segment (loan size <= IDR 2 bio)
- Manage the entire sales cycle end to end for the mid-market lending products
- Engage with product teams to represent SME client needs
- Monitoring accounts (i.e. cash flows, repayments, account behavior, compliance with covenants stipulated in the terms of approval) and ensure that portfolio is within the acceptable credit & compliance standards
- Go above and beyond to contribute to the success of Xendit
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed