Compensation and Benefits Specialist
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
About the Job
Xendit has a unique approach to compensation and benefit management. To help attract and retain the right talent to Xendit, we apply a regionally specific, globally cohesive approach. We’re looking for a C&B Specialist who will not only nail the execution of payroll for our Staff (which is of course critically important to staff satisfaction), but someone who can advocate for our people, weigh in on localized policy creation, ensure we’re compliant with employment regulations and guide our staff through things like payroll, ESOP and taxes.
As we build out our global C&B team, this role will be critical in owning and supporting our staff operating in the Philippines. For the Philippines office, this person will single-handedly manage payroll, tax, manpower regulations, insurance, administrative onboarding and contracts. At a Global C&B team level, this person will also represent localized needs as we craft and manage our overall approach to ensure global cohesion, symmetry and fairness between our regional teams.
- 3+ years in Compensation and Benefits Administration and payroll processing and analysis.
- Familiarity with local regulations and tax & welfare contributions.
- Demonstrated capability to independently manage end-to-end payroll processes.
- Proficiency in Google Sheets/Excel, including basic functions and data manipulation.
- Basic knowledge of chart creation and data presentation in a professional format.
- Understanding of HRIS systems, with exposure to Bamboohr being a plus.
- People-oriented with good communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- 5+ years in Compensation and Benefits Administration and payroll processing and analysis.
- Extensive experience managing an employee insurance program, with bonus points for program setup or overhaul.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems, specifically Bamboohr.
- Exposure to MyHR & Titanium systems.
- Advanced proficiency in Google Sheets/Excel, including Vlookup or Index/match/match expertise.
- Advanced skills in data functions: FILTER, UNIQUE, SORT, DATEDIF, EDATE, EOMONTH, NETWORKDAY, WORKDAY, SUMIFS, COUNTIFS, SUMPRODUCT.
- Advanced skills in Google Docs/Word for 6 Pager Creation and presentation following the Amazon 6 pager style.
- Critical thinking and ability to project plan in a document.
- Efficient deck presentations using Google Slides/Powerpoint with a clear storyline.
- Bonus skills include integration of Google Deck and Chart into Google Docs, experience with BambooHR, MyHR & Titanium.
- Exceptional critical thinking ability to seek and answer important questions independently.
- Efficient and clear communication with the capacity to maintain confidentiality.
- People-oriented approach with a focus on collaborative work.
- Process service Fees for consultants with accurate tax calculations
- Knowledge and experience in philippines employment salary regulations and procedures
- Preparation of payment instructions for SSS, PHIC and HDMF Loans and Contributions
- Oversee the administration of Staff benefits programs, including health insurance, ensure that Staff are enrolled and offboarded in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with vendors to negotiate and review benefits packages.
Other Administrative task
- Ensure data accuracy in our HRIS (BambooHR)
- Provide guidance to Staff on benefit plans and resolve benefit-related issues including Onboarding, offboarding , compensation changes and contract renewal are done timely
- Issuance of following documentary requirements to consultants as needed
- Consultant Verification
- Authority of leave of Absence
- Other docs as requested
- Facilitate Xenshop Request and purchase
- Process Consultants Loans approval and crediting
- Approval of benefits expense related through ITILITE
- DOLE requirements for workplace safety
- External Directors Per diem billing
Accounting Related tasks
- Prepare Journal Entries for payroll related transactions
- Analyze and provide accurate reports for the Accounting team
- Bank reconciliation both peso and dollar payroll account
- Other Accounting reports needed related to payroll
- Submit SLSP and QAP for Xendit Philippines
Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
In this role, you will play a crucial part in the meticulous administration of salary and benefits, ensuring compliance with Philippine employment regulations, fostering efficient HRIS management, and supporting various accounting tasks. Your attention to detail and comprehensive approach will contribute to the overall success of Xendit's human resources and financial operations.