Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
About the Job
We are looking for a Risk Analyst to help us design and implement risk solutions for our existing portfolio of merchants across all operating countries. You will develop and maintain the risk rules for early detection of emerging fraud trends, ongoing risk scoring and monitoring of merchants, and investigating risk-related incidents.
The role requires strong data analytics skills and ability to explain complex situations and concepts through data-driven storytelling. The person will be tasked with designing rules and strategies and derive operating thresholds leveraging data analytics extensively.
The role will require coordination with teams within Risk and across Xendit and managing senior stakeholders in country offices. You will need to educate the stakeholders on risk matters, partner with them on solutions and act as a consultant for new product and business decisions. You will be a key member of the team working in a fast-paced environment on impactful assignments with very driven teammates and will see tangible results of your efforts.
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis, data science or risk management in financial services
- Solid understanding of risk concepts and demonstrated experience in risk analytics
- Strong data analysis skills including defining problem statements, data prospecting, data cleaning, structuring the analysis, etc.
- Excellent communication and ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Strong knowledge and experience with analytical tools and languages such as Python, SQL, etc.
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, etc.
- Credit Card risk management experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in an unstructured environment with uneven data availability and reliability
- Design proactive fraud and credit risk identification and mitigation strategies
- Design and implement risk rules and maintain high levels of recall and precision
- Partner with other Risk teams to optimize rules performance
- Track and report key performance indicators for portfolio risk management
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit successful