Sales Development Manager - Enterprise (Payments/Fintech)
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
The Role & Scope
- Manage the full sales cycle, right from identifying ideal prospects, all the way to closing deals successfully.
- Develop a list of prospects to contact on a regular basis..
- Use a mix of outbound outreach methods, including LinkedIn/email/phone calls, to contact prospects.
- Meet with interested companies to understand their business, plans, priorities and requirements in detail. Then provide relevant information on how Xendit can help.
- Engage in business and technical conversations with multiple stakeholders in order to close deals as quickly as possible.
- Coordinate integration and onboarding discussions/activities to help clients to start transacting on our platform.
- Propose, lead and contribute to team projects to refine our sales process.Engage with internal stakeholders (eg: product, compliance) to represent client needs and drive product strategy.
- Work with Business Solution team on new business plan to identify new business opportunities and fully qualify these opportunities using Customer Centric Selling Sales Process
- Maintains, develops and grows a rigorous pipeline, with accurate forecasting.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify cross-sell opportunities
- Captures and records customer information and sales activity data into customer relationship management (CRM) system and appropriate business systems
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed.
- 1 month
- Have basic understanding on product
- Able to have basic understanding into internal sales processes.
- Able to use internal CRM tool
- 3 months
- Have advanced understanding on product.
- Able to independently lead the sales conversation (with guidance from sales lead).
- Able to source and to build growing pipeline (starting with midmarket merchants)
- Fit in with the team and be a team player.
- 6 months
- Able to build strong pipeline, close deals at enterprise level (high processing volume and revenue).
- Independent to lead own effort to success.
- Able to work with stakeholders to unblock and to grow.
- 12 months
- Able to showcase independence & efficiency, in terms of strategizing and managing deals.
What we’re looking for
- Have at least 5-7 years of B2B salessales experience,with a proven track record of successfully carrying quota as an individual contributor with a history of top tier performance. , with enterprise-related experience.
- Have strong presentation skills, both during in-person meetings and over conference calls.
- Take a well planned and organised approach towards all work that you do.
- Are able to understand and communicate complex information.
- Can effectively operate in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
- Seek out new opportunities and expands and enhances existing opportunities to build and manage the pipeline in Enterprise Segment (Government, Conglomerate, named Brand)
- Are excited about prospecting and the thrill of closing sales deals.
- Have a positive and optimistic outlook, with the ability to handle setbacks and rejection.
- Believe in constantly learning and improving. This includes being open to feedback and coaching for improvement.
- Genuinely enjoy interacting with people, understanding their perspective and uncovering their pain points.
- Have prior experience in the payments industry. This will be nice to have but is not necessary.
- Is fluent in English and Indonesian (mandatory), with other languages as optional.
- Have experience in managing pipeline and CRM tools in Salesforce.