Growth Analyst - Marketing
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
The mission of our Revenue Operations group is to maximize business performance by being the objective, trusted partner to the sales & marketing organization. This is driven by (1) marrying external and internal data insights to guide decision-making; (2) strategic planning, (3) cross-functional collaboration and (4) continued pursuit of operational excellence. We are the swat team of change drivers that respond swiftly to the needs of the business by enabling the sales & marketing teams to transition to a stronger future state. In short, we are the driving force of sales & marketing efficiency.
If you love designing and implementing new marketing program processes, measuring marketing performance and maintaining the overall systems and tools functionality then we would love to welcome you to the team. We are looking for a Marketing Analyst to work with large data sets, conducting complex analysis, converting marketing results into actionable marketing decisions to accelerate Xendit’s growth.
B2B Marketing Attribution and Campaign Performance:
- Discover and understand the use cases of marketing data amongst two main audiences of a) executive leadership team and b) marketers who are planning and executing campaigns
- Hence, partner with marketing to define key marketing metrics and track B2B marketing performance in 3 key areas:
- Demand Creation = What was the driver(s) for a qualified buyer to purchase our brand or category? Measured by self-reported attribution. Common results: word-of-mouth, social media, podcasts, PR, evangelism.
- Demand Capture = How did we convert an in-market buyer into a qualified meeting with the Sales team? Measured by UTMs eg. SEO, SEM, Direct Traffic, and Outbound Sales.
- Demand Conversion = What programs and activities drove faster sales cycles and higher win rates for active deals in the pipeline? Measured by touchpoint influence in a test vs. control group. Common results: Hand raiser follow-ups, Pipeline acceleration events, Exec involvement in late-stage deals, gifting / direct-mail
- The mission of the marketing analyst is to communicate insights of the 3 areas highlighted above to the two different target audiences: the leadership team and marketers
- Deliver insights to Leadership Team: Demonstrate the value of marketing through measurement of HIRO (High Intent Revenue Opportunity) Pipelines Generated, ROs, CACs and CACs Payback.
- Deliver Insights to marketers:
- Pre-campaign planning: Partner marketers in determining campaign budget sizing, segmenting target audience and determining goals of campaign
- Active campaign optimization: Keep marketing and sales teams up-to-date on current campaigns, informing them on which aspects of campaigns & channel effectiveness. -Advise and recommend tweaks and optimization to campaigns
- Campaign Post Morterum: How does Campaign A compare against a similar Campaign B? What Channels are more effective? What campaigns need to be stopped or scaled?
- Be a partner and build relationships with Sales, Marketing and Rev Ops teams
Instrumentation and Automation
- To deliver the above, you will have to drive instrumentations. Partner closely with product, and salesforce development team to ensure all customer data points are passed correctly from the website, and app into salesforce. You will need to be familiar, learn the various tools: Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Salesforce, High Touch, Databricks and Looker.
- Learn to be familiar with Salesforce:
- How sales and marketers use Salesforce, Pardot
- How data is being generated and input into Salesforce, Pardot
- Understand and optimize the current attribution logic
- Identify and research the various options to solve for attribution (What needs to be automated within or outside of Salesforce, What data needs to bel cleaned and how it should be cleaned)
- Weighing the efforts/impact in each solution proposals
- Presenting this options and then driving consensus on how we should be solving for this problem
- Documenting and presenting user stories to Salesforce Dev or Product Teams.
Data Pipelines & Data Quality
- ETL of various data sources
- Ensure Data Quality:
- Partner with Salesforce development team closely to constantly update data pipelines as Salesforce constantly evolves
- Partner with data engineers in optimization and maintenance of marketing data pipelines
- Data cleaning, preparation and backfills
Creation of Dashboards
- Understand dashboarding capabilities within Salesforce, B2MBA, Looker…
- Create visuals, dashboards, and reports to effectively communicate your insights and requirements above
- Make people love data with Optimization of dashboards for best user experience. (Less waiting)
- Conceptualise A/B testing or experimental design and partnering with marketers to execute experiments,
- Drive iterative hypothesis or solution -Example: Please come to us with dashboard proposals. Even if you know it’s scrappy, we would love to have some sense of where you would want to go and brainstorm as a team
- Data Sanity checks before releasing for production (Customer usage), This Includes query logic checks with BI/FPNA/Sales Ops
- Initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Root cause analysis: identify areas that we are doing well or areas that had missed KPIs. Give further deep-dive analysis on trends, and movements and propose corrective actions or recommend best practices
- Descriptive Modelling: Profile and segmentations analysis to understand the characteristics of customers, Find correlations between various variables (eg. product bundling) that would enable marketers to upsell or crossell
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of proficiency in querying and manipulating complex raw datasets for analysis using SQL & Python
- 2+ years of professional experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- A strong understanding of statistics concept (e.g., hypothesis testing, probability, prevalence measurement, regressions)
- Experience with data pipeline architecture and data modelling
- Depth of knowledge around digital acquisition across digital media, affiliates, partnerships, owned channels
- Understanding of full B2B revenue funnel optimization from Leads to Conversions
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills.
- Well organized, strong analytical skills, and capable of handling multiple projects with executive stakeholders
- Salesforce, Pardot experience a plus
- Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics a Plus
- Experiences with Multi-Touch Attribution and Marketing Mix Modelling