Software Engineer - Reliability and Automation
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
About the Job
As part of our Xendit Infrastructure and Security team, you will be part of a team that builds customers' trust and a strong company brand. We are looking for a software engineer to innovate and iterate our way to a great solution to exceed the expectations of our top customers on reliability, scalability, security, and product experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be taken into consideration in place of a degree
- 2 - 4 years of relevant IT experience, with a minimum of 2 years experience focusing on software engineering
- Hands-on technical experience on
- Building and maintaining cloud-based applications, using CI/CD and containers platforms
- Designing database schema and optimizing queries for SQL and NoSQL databases
- Configuring and fine-tuning monitoring tools such as ELK, Datadog, or NewRelic
- Using automation tools such as Ansible or Terraform
- Implementing secure coding practices
- You thrive on the autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Experience working in high-growth startups or highly regulated companies that require compliance from PCI DSS or HIPAA
- Build reliable and secure customized payment integrations between our customers and Xendit
- Produce high-quality, maintainable code, test it, collaboratively review it, and ship it
- Identify areas to improve and scale our system architecture and design with reliability, scalability, security, and customers experience in mind
- Improve our security posture by enhancing our Dashboard UX, notifications to customers or introducing new security products or features
- Be the automation champion to
- Make our engineers more productive and our system more reliable
- Address common database problems like failovers, backups, restores, schema changes, or performance tuning
- Reduce our compliance risks by automating most of the compliance processes
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed