Deal Desk - Pricing & billing
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
The mission of our Revenue Operations group is to maximize business performance by being the objective, trusted partner to the sales & marketing organization. This is driven by (1) marrying external and internal data insights to guide decision making; (2) strategic planning, (3) cross functional collaboration and (4) a continued pursuit of operational excellence. We are the swat team of change drivers that respond swiftly to the needs of the business by enabling the sales & marketing teams to transition to a stronger future state. In short, we are the driving force of sales & marketing efficiency.
We are building a function to drive pricing and deal strategy at Xendit. Pricing is a dedicated function that helps us develop better pricing, packaging and deal strategies across our existing and upcoming products. You will be at the intersection of our Product, Sales and financial planning efforts. You will be instrumental in refining our pricing playbook and process to accelerate deal velocity across Xendit. Your work will be highly visible to Xendit’s leadership team and is instrumental to driving our future growth.
- Maintain and Optimize the pricing playbook (standardised and pre-approved rate cards and discount frameworks) to reduce approvals and escalations, and reduce sales cycle time.
What is the pricing playbook exactly?Single source of referenceStandard Headline Pricing, Rate Cards and Playbook that stakeholders can refer to, when understanding pricing rates in Xendit, when proposing/negotiating with merchants or anything else pricing (e.g. new product launches, promotional campaigns, etc.)Primary source of truth to check for discrepancies with other sources of pricing (e.g. Xendit pricing website, Xendit Sales Deck, Default Billing Rates, etc.)Serves as Sales companion for deal structuring/negotiationCoherent and pre-approved rate cards that minimize approval requests, ensure profitability and maximize operational efficiencyPlaybook with pricing negotiation levers that guide sales to bring value to customers yet maintaining competitiveness and profitability that safeguards Xendit’s margins
- Manage margin guardrails at the product and deal level
- Analyze and evaluate the financial effects of different pricing strategies and scenarios
- Work with Product Managers and FPNA to set the right price for products.
- Create business cases for headline pricing changes, built on an understanding of key business drivers, internal data, and broader user and market context
- Conduct regular win/lost analysis to assess pricing effectiveness
- Synthesize complex ideas and communicating them in ways others can easily understand (both verbally and via sheets/powerpoint)
- Lead regular reviews with senior management to identify selling and profitability trends, drive conversations on pricing review to continuously improve pricing effectiveness across different countries, segments, and channel partners.
- Work closely with SFDC, FPNA and Billing teams to
- develop and standardize innovative pricing & billing structures that can be replicated and scaled across the business
- Maintain product list, prices and pricing models across multiple system from salesforce to internal systems
- Consolidate and prioritize pricing/billing model requirements from sales. Work with SFDC / BIlling team to scope this requirement
- Partner with sales on structuring complex deal pricing to balance customers needs and operation burdens
- Repricing and negotiation - You will be working closely with Sales during pricing negotiations. This requires actively scoping opportunities for pricing adjustments to align with the long term strategic goals of the merchant.
- Drive deal review candences where senior leaders comes together to discuss complex deals that is not a straightforward yes / no pricing discussion
- Create discount structures, approval, and escalation paths in salesforce
- Establish principles & framework for reviewing and renewing pricing deals
- Work closely with Finance, Product and Billing teams to develop and standardize innovative pricing & billing structures that can be replicated and scaled across the business
- Manage directly (or co-ordinate) the ‘full-stack’ of change management activities across stakeholder engagement, communication and execution for mass pricing changes
- Ensure sales teams are abiding by the SFDC Pricing approval process where possible
- Understand limitation of billing system, pricing models and balance complex customer needs with creative pricing / billing models that will also minimize billing operations burdens
What we’re looking for
- 3-5+ years in Pricing Strategy, FPNA, or direct Pricing/Deal Desk experience preferred;
- Strong experience building and maintaining complex financial models.
- Superior analytical, strategic, communication, and organizational skills are critical
- High level of attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Demonstrate ability to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide-range of stakeholders
- Able to identify and develop solutions to complex problems from a strategic and operational perspective that may cross departments
- Capable of communicating concepts clearly and credibly to multiple audiences
- Ability to influence various constituents, including senior management
- Ability to maintain high performance under tight timelines, and a “roll up your sleeves” mindset to get any job done
- A positive, can-do attitude & collaborative mindset is essential.
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate intellectual curiosity.
- A high threshold for navigating ambiguity and building effective solutions that scale.
- Bachelor degree required
- SQL experience a plus
- Understanding of payments product and commercial models of payment services a plus (eg. Interchange rates, scheme fees, IC++ Model)
What we care about
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule
You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too