Data Analyst - Fraud Forensics
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
About the Job
As a Data Analyst specializing in Fraud Forensics at Xendit, you will play a crucial role in the Merchant Risk team, focusing on identifying and mitigating fraud risks within our payment ecosystem. Your primary responsibilities will revolve around analyzing and identifying fraud trends, understanding fraudulent activities, translating findings into rules for our transaction monitoring system, and helping develop effective fraud prevention policies. You will be responsible for conducting fraud investigations and leveraging various data sources to identify malicious actors on Xendit’s platform. You will collaborate closely with the wider merchant risk team to ensure the rapid deployment of countermeasures against emerging fraud tactics. Additionally, you will be instrumental in fraud analytics, as well as the setup and maintenance of fraud reporting and dashboards.
This role will allow you to join Xendit's dynamic Merchant Risk team and make a significant impact in safeguarding our payment ecosystem against fraudulent activities. Apply your analytical skills to protect our merchants and customers while shaping the future of secure payments.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Business
- Proven experience in a data analyst role (3+ years)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to dissect complex data sets, identify patterns, and derive actionable insights
- Proficiency in SQL, splunk for data querying and manipulation
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Prior experience in the fintech or payments industry, preferably with a focus on fraud detection and prevention
- Prior experience in fraud forensics from another fintech or professional services firm
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Python or R for data analysis tasks
- Experience in crafting and implementing fraud detection rules or models
- Familiarity with data tools and platforms used for data analytics and visualization (e.g. splunk, Databricks, looker)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement fraud prevention strategies
- Strong understanding of regulatory compliance related to fraud prevention in the financial sector
- Certified fraud examiner certification (ACFE)
- Analyze fraud trends, investigate suspicious activities, and develop insights into emerging fraud patterns
- Translate fraud trends and patterns into actionable rules for the transaction monitoring system
- Collaborate with the Merchant Risk team to formulate and implement effective fraud prevention policies
- Search for patterns in behavior, actions, relationships, and the movement of money to identify fraudsters
- Conduct investigations on malicious actors leveraging multiple data sources
- Work closely with data engineers, data scientists, and other Xendit teams (ISS) to refine fraud detection models
- Monitor the effectiveness of fraud prevention measures and iterate on strategies as needed
- Develop and maintain fraud reporting mechanisms and dashboards for real-time insights
- Collaborate with internal teams to quickly deploy countermeasures against evolving fraud tactics
- Stay updated with the latest fraud prevention techniques, industry trends, and regulatory changes
- Present findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Contribute to the overall improvement of fraud prevention strategies and technologies at Xendit
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed