Lending Compliance Manager
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
The Lending Compliance Officer’s mission is to help Xendit expand its lending operations in the Philippines in a compliant and scalable manner. You will steer the compliance initiatives of Xendit’s lending operations, and ensure that our corporate structures locally and globally fulfill our regulators’ and investors’ requirements. You will also coordinate and liaise internally with Compliance teams and externally with regulators to ensure that Xendit’s policies and controls are practical, efficient and workable.
Protect our licenses by identifying & rectifying gaps in lending products and operations, and corporate governance of our entities
- Prepare regulatory and internal compliance reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Identify, assess and make clear practical recommendations for internal teams to rectify compliance gaps in end-to-end business processes
- Interface with regulators and resolve issues raised by them in a timely manner
- Work closely with auditors to ensure accuracy and rectification of gaps
- Document, implement, enforce and communicate compliance with all regulatory requirements via internal policy and education
- Work closely with internal teams to fulfill regulators, auditors and investors’ requirements on our lending entities
Provide advice and solutions to the business to ensure compliance of our new products, services and channels
- Keep abreast of latest changes in regulatory requirements, and ensure governance programs and compliance policies are maintained and relevant
- Solicit and analyze industry information to gain additional intelligence regarding emerging risks
- Facilitate policy, risk and control discussions with stakeholders
- Provide regular staff training on regulatory requirements
Understand Xendit’s other businesses sufficiently to support the Philippines Compliance Head in ensuring that Xendit complies with regulations and internal policies
- Consult with external and internal experts to identify risks, best practices and externals’ expectations
- Design, implement and monitor compliance processes and policies
Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed in legal and compliant way
What we’re looking for
You are willing and able to...
- Be detail-oriented and chase down to the last detail
- Handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Work in a self-directed and remote environment
- Be a team player who proactively upholds the best parts of our culture and influences culture shifts in the right direction
- Work independently as an individual contributor, but also be able to lead a team as we grow
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- At least 5 to 7 years' compliance experience in financial services, with a preference for lending, multi-finance and/or commercial banking industries
- Experience in building a compliance and governance structure and framework
- Bachelor’s degree in Business / Law / Finance or equivalent
- Qualifications in governance, risk and compliance
- Deep knowledge of SEC regulations regarding lending, financing, and banking activities, including the Financing Company Act, Truth in Lending Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Special Purpose Vehicle Act, and Securitization Act
- Competent written and verbal communication skills in English
- [Bonus] Strong network with SEC and BSP personnel
- Make compliance decisions and recommendations independently and with integrity
- Draft clear and professional correspondence and other documents of a legal, compliance and business nature
- Communicate clearly in a structured manner intra- and cross-team