Senior Software Engineer - Financial Services
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
Our Experiments team builds growth engines for Xendit through experimental products. We do this by pushing the frontiers of what is possible in the industry and creating modern solutions to old problems.
As part of the Experiments team, you are part of a team that builds from 0 to 1. We're looking for an experienced software engineer to innovate and iterate our way to a great solution. It will help if you have a strong interest in growth (personally and professionally) and, therefore, a continuous improvement mindset. We also highly regard someone that is unyielding in reliable, scalable, and readable code.
You will join a small technical team and make technical decisions that will drive growth for our company. To solve for customers, you will also work closely with our business teams and work directly with our CEO.
- Design and build business tech solutions as experiments with best practice and scalability in mind
- Help guide business requirements with technical feasibility and constraints
- Can quickly come up with solutions for complex problems
- Produce high-quality maintainable code, test it, collaboratively review it and ship it
- Identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design
You may be a good fit if
- 3+ years of a successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production-ready software in TypeScript
- Strong knowledge of REST and pub/sub design patterns
- Experience with unit, integration, and E2E test frameworks
- Experience with Agile development
- Ability to break down complex business requirements into technical requirements
- Thrive on being independent and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Have strong adaptability and flexibility on dynamic situations
- Communicate well
It would be amazing if you
- Ability to architect distributed systems on cloud computing platforms such as AWS
- Familiarity with containerization, including docker and kubernetes
- Experience working with multiple external teams, including partners
- Experience with NestJS