Strategic Customer Success Manager
Relay, a Raleigh-based tech startup, is looking to change the way we communicate. We’re on a mission that matters.
Frontline workers are the lifeblood of our economy and we're building the cloud platform that makes them better, faster and safer than ever before. Our cloud solution offers a data driven approach to frontline work through real time communications, real time location information and powerful real time data and insights.
Here at Relay, we've designed, built, and launched an entirely new product category – a simple, rugged, internet-enabled smart-device and all the software that runs it – and we’re disrupting the handheld radio industry for B2B clients and frontline workers across multiple industries and verticals.
We've achieved proven product-market fit with a user experience that solves real-world customer pain and unlocks new capabilities and are expanding our Customer Success team within Operations to support this growth.
We are currently seeking a Strategic Customer Success Manager who will thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
This role will be based in our North Hills, Raleigh, North Carolina HQ and we work in a hybrid model with at least 3 days (M,W,F), up to 2 days remote, and will involve up to 40% travel.
Relay is quickly growing as a product solution for enterprise customers. We have ambitious goals to rapidly develop our product, expand our customer base, and be a market leader as a software based communication solution for the active workforce. We are currently seeking a Customer Success Manager that will thrive in a scrappy start-up environment where new standards are still being set. Do you want to help mold and improve the customer experience from trial to onboarding and renewals?
Join us and you can help create the playbook while delivering results directly with customers.
Learn more about Relay at RelayPro.com
- Manage the entire customer life cycle for strategic customer accounts both Fortune 500 customers and new verticals Relay pursues. This includes onboarding (training, account configuration, & implementation), ongoing engagements to nurture the relationship and ensure continued strong delivery of our value proposition and revenue retention
- In partnership with Sales and Business Development, leverage key learnings, relationships and insights from your portfolio to identify targets for revenue growth
- Build valuable relationships across multiple levels in a customer’s organization by ensuring we’re thoroughly supporting & engaging with end users all the way through executive level leadership
- Communicate regularly with your customers to develop a deep understanding of their unique business needs, industry requirements, and Relay’s current and future applications within those.
- Serve as the voice of the customer, advocating for rapid iteration internally within operations, product development, engineering, and leadership, to ensure that the wide variety of needs are being met
- Lead the customer communication plan and internal coordination/resolution of highly complex and/or critical customer questions/issues include fiscal year budget plans, outages, etc.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Relay product and merchandising including device hardware, accessories, Relay App, Dash, Connectivity and service plans
- Proactively monitor the performance and engagement of your account portfolio ensuring you’re driving needed actions to deliver Relay’s value proposition to our customers.
- Understand company's competition and effectively position solutions against them to achieve revenue retention and expansion.
- Create custom assets as needed to assist Strategic customer accounts’ unique Relay requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or a related field is preferred
- 3+ years experience in Customer Success Management and/or Account Management
- Self driven work ethic and strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle ambiguous or challenging situations and drive to mutually agreeable outcomes
- Excellent analytical and communication skills - you're able to provide clear and concise guidance through emails, over the phone, online meetings, or in person
- Proven track record of successfully building and supporting relationships with all levels of seniority
- Mix of business and technical acumen with ability to engage and add value in discussions involving both technology and business strategy
- Ability to thrive and react to changing business needs within a startup environment
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Direct experience supporting Fortune 500 customers in either a Customer Success or Account Management role
- Knowledge and experience using and supporting enterprise software
- Experience with CRM and ticketing tools
About us: company, culture & perks:
We have a culture where we empower our Relayers to do the best work in their lives. We call this idea BWIML (best work in my life).
It's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future. At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Birth Cost Assistance + Paid Parental Leave
- Free Gym Access
- Phone, Fitness Tracker or Home Gym Equipment - annual credit towards a fitness tracker or other workout equipment
- Free Snacks and Fun Times
- Latest PCs/Macbooks, standing desks, and all the accessories and software you need to succeed in your role