Relay, a Raleigh-based product company, is looking to change the way we communicate. We've designed, built, and launched an entirely new product category -- a simple, rugged, internet-enabled smart-device and all the software that runs it -- that is disrupting the handheld radio industry for B2B clients and non-desk workers. Our innovative B2B product has achieved proven product-market fit with a user experience that solves real-world customer pain and unlocks new capabilities for them through our custom platform which includes purpose-built hardware including extra sensors, software on the device and in the network, and a growing API for integration.
We’re currently seeking an Accountant I, who will thrive in a dynamic start-up environment, to join our Finance team at our Raleigh HQ located in the vibrant North Hills, Midtown Raleigh area. This role is a hybrid role with 3 days in- office expectations.
WHAT YOU WILL OWN:
- Full semi-monthly payroll responsibilities including (but not limited to) employee data maintenance, payroll processing, funding 401K/HSA, annual open enrollment changes, reporting, year-end, and other related duties with precision and strong attention to detail.
- Monthly general ledger account activities for the following areas: Cash, Payroll, 401k, and other benefits related accounts.
- System integrity and improvements utilizing NetSuite, UKG and other 3rd party tools to their highest potential.
- Reporting for cash, payroll and other payroll related ad hoc executive requests
- Direct and service-oriented interactions with team members regarding areas of your expertise
If this sounds like a great new professional adventure and you are looking to work in a
supportive and growing business apply now! Our team is excited to hear from you!
- Performs the semi-monthly payroll processing for 170 plus team members in the U.S. for
a majority salaried population
- Performs monthly General Ledger account analyses and account reconciliations for Cash, Payroll, 401k, and other benefits related accounts
- Maintains and ensures the integrity of payroll data, as well as any payroll-related changes, including onboarding/terminating, employee self-service changes, workflows,
time management, are reflected in UKG in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains and ensures the integrity of financial accounting and controls related to Cash,
Payroll, 401k and other benefits related accounts (including process documentation)
- Collaborates with People Services to ensure the Company’s pay policies (e.g. PTO,
disability, workers compensation, withholding exemptions, etc.) are properly applied and
calculated within UKG
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement in cash and payroll procedures, workflow processes, and overall system optimization improvements
- Assists in preparing month-end, quarter-end and year-end reporting and supporting schedules for annual financial statements audit as well as monthly and ad hoc financial reporting packages, as needed
- Provides administrative and operational support (including generating reports from UKG) for use by People Services, Finance, and Executive Team
- Performs workflow maintenance and year-end closure for UKG, as appropriate.
- Other various accounting and payroll related projects, as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other relevant field
- 2 plus years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Accounting, Finance,
Payroll, and Financial Reporting. Experience in UKG and NetSuite is strongly preferred
but not required
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, federal and state legislation that affect payroll
policies as well as accounting and financial processes
- Able to handle highly confidential information with discretion is a must
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows including Microsoft Excel
- Keen attention to detail with a proactive solution-oriented mindset
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and execute autonomously under
monthly, quarterly, year-end close deadlines
- Flexibility with the ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to uphold and exemplify Relay’s core values
We have a culture where we empower our Relayers to do the best work in their lives. We call this idea BWIML (best work in my life). It's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future. At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Cash Reward + Paid Parental Leave
- Annual credit towards items that promote productivity and/or wellness. This includes smartphones, fitness trackers, gym memberships, workout equipment and more.
- Latest tech, standing desks, and all the accessories and software you need to succeed in your role