Customer Success Manager
Relay, a Raleigh-based tech startup, is looking to change the way we communicate. We’re on a mission that matters.
Frontline workers are the lifeblood of our economy and we're building the cloud platform that makes them better, faster and safer than ever before. Our cloud solution offers a data driven approach to frontline work through real time communications, real time location information and powerful real time data and insights.
Here at Relay, we've designed, built, and launched an entirely new product category – a simple, rugged, internet-enabled smart-device and all the software that runs it – and we’re disrupting the handheld radio industry for B2B clients and frontline workers across multiple industries and verticals.
We've achieved proven product-market fit with a user experience that solves real-world customer pain and unlocks new capabilities and are expanding our operations team to support this growth.
We are currently seeking a Customer Success Manager who will thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
This role will be based in our North Hills, Raleigh, North Carolina HQ and we work in a hybrid model with 3 days in the office, 2 days remote, and will involve approximately 25% travel.
Relay is quickly growing as a product solution for enterprise customers. We have ambitious goals to rapidly develop our product, expand our customer base, and be a market leader as a software based communication solution for the active workforce. We are currently seeking a Customer Success Manager that will thrive in a scrappy start-up environment where new standards are still being set. Do you want to help mold and improve the customer experience from trial to onboarding and renewals?
Join us and you can help create the playbook while delivering results directly with customers.
Learn more about Relay at RelayPro.com
- Manage a portfolio of enterprise customer accounts including their onboarding (training, account configuration, & implementation), full lifecycle management, and support of products & services to the customer
- Communicate regularly with your customers to develop a deep understanding of their needs, use cases, and pain points
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Relay product line including device hardware, accessories, Relay App, Dash, and service/connectivity options
- Identify and communicate opportunities for upsell of additional Relay products
- Lead the customer communication plan and internal coordination/resolution of highly complex and/or critical customer questions/issues
- Triage & serve as the voice of the customer to the appropriate internal owner including product development, BTS engineering, etc. to ensure that the wide variety of needs are being met
- Effectively communicate trends in customer needs to company leadership
- Monitor analytics and reporting for your portfolio, including proactively communicating with customers whose performance or engagement fall below target metrics
- Assist in supporting/troubleshooting sales demos on strategic or high volume accounts
- Facilitate replacements and returns for poor performing devices or damaged accessories within warranty
- Create and maintain help documentation online through self service support to assist customers of all sizes with common questions or issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or a related field is preferred
- 1+ years experience in Customer Success Management and/or Account Management
- Self driven work ethic and strong organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and communication skills - you're able to provide clear and concise guidance through emails, over the phone, online meetings, or in person
- Proven track record of successfully building and supporting relationships with all levels of seniority
- Mix of business and technical acumen with ability to engage and add value in discussions involving both technology and business strategy
- Ability to handle ambiguous or challenging situations and drive to mutually agreeable outcomes
- Ability to thrive and react to changing business needs within a startup environment
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Knowledge and experience using and supporting enterprise software
- Experience with CRM and ticketing tools
About us: company, culture & perks:
We have a culture where we empower our Relayers to do the best work in their lives. We call this idea BWIML (best work in my life).
It's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future. At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits for you and those who depend on you
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Cash Reward + Paid Parental Leave
- Annual credit towards items that promote productivity and/or wellness. This includes smartphones, fitness trackers, gym/fitness memberships, workout equipment and more.
- Free Snacks and Fun Times
- Latest tech, standing desks, and all the accessories and software you need to succeed in your role