Content Marketing Manager
Relay, a Raleigh-based tech startup, is looking to change the way we communicate. We’re on a $mission that matters. Frontline workers are the lifeblood of our economy and we're building the cloud platform that makes them better, faster, and safer than ever before. Our cloud solution offers a data-driven approach to frontline work through real-time communications, real-time location information, and powerful real-time data and insights.
Here at Relay, we've designed, built, and launched an entirely new product category – a simple, rugged, internet-enabled smart device and all the software that runs it – and we’re disrupting the handheld radio industry for B2B clients and frontline workers across multiple industries and verticals. We've achieved proven product-market fit with a user experience that solves real-world customer pain and unlocks new capabilities and are expanding our marketing team to support this growth. We are currently seeking a Content Marketing Manager who will thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
Content Marketing Managers lead the strategy for developing compelling and engaging content for our target customers. They work closely with sales leaders to ensure that sales reps are supported with all the materials needed to execute the sales process. Content Marketing managers provide a key link between product messaging & positioning and create simple and elegant expression that resonates with customers. To be successful in this role, you will need to have a creative and entrepreneurial mindset combined with the ability to deeply understand our customers, their challenges, and what they care about.
- Lead content creation in support of customer-facing marketing and sales initiatives - including sales presentations, Relay website, prospect education
- Develop and implement comprehensive content marketing strategies aligned with overall marketing and business goals.
- Identify target audience personas and tailor content to their needs, preferences, and pain points.
- Continuously stay up-to-date with industry trends and competitor activities to inform content strategy adjustments.
- Produce a wide range of content, including blog posts, articles, white-papers, ebooks, infographics, videos, and more.
- Ensure all content is well-researched, accurate, engaging, and aligned with defined positioning and messaging.
- Collaborate with sales and product leaders to source content ideas and gather relevant insights.
- Develop and maintain a content editorial calendar, ensuring a consistent publishing schedule across various platforms and channels.
- Coordinate content production timelines and deadlines to meet marketing objectives.
Required skills and attributes:
- 3-5 years of pProven experience and impact in a content marketing role, preferably in a B2B SaaS and/or technology company.
- Marketing experience (e.g. research, messaging, positioning, branding, creative development, campaign execution).
- Must have a growth mindset that encompasses curiosity, a passion for excellence, and the ability to ask the right questions.
- Excellence in presentation, spoken, and written skills.
- Ability to lead a creative process that aligns with business objectives
- Passion for working with technology products and solving B2B customer needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with product management, sales, and marketing teams.
- Self-starter with exceptional project management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Passion for technology and innovation, with a deep understanding of SaaS business models and market dynamics.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field. MBA is a plus.
About us: company, culture & perks:
We have a culture where we empower our Relayers to do the best work in their lives. We call this idea BWIML (best work in my life). It's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future.
At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits for you and those who depend on you
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Cash Reward + Paid Parental Leave
- Annual credit towards items that promote productivity and/or wellness. This includes smartphones, fitness trackers, gym/fitness memberships, workout equipment and more.
- Free Snacks and Fun Times
- Latest tech, standing desks, and all the accessories and software you need to succeed in your role