Software Engineer (Passage Health)
Location: NYC hybrid / remote
Hiring Period: Aug 2023 - Present
Compensation: $120 - 180k base salary + equity
Hiring Manager: Gabriel Khaselev (Co-founder & CTO)
About Passage Health
Passage Health is a fast-growing start-up, on a mission to improve the quality and accessibility of autism care through dynamic software solutions. The diagnosis rate for autism has skyrocketed in the last 10 years to 1 in 36 children. Those children will have to wait up to 1 year to receive therapy as service providers, hampered by antiquated technology, are struggling to meet surging demand. We are building a modern electronic medical record (EMR) that will revolutionize the $460B autism care market.
What you will be doing
As a Software Engineer you will take an active role in shaping early technology and product decisions, working directly with the co-founders and engineering team. We are looking for collaborative, pragmatic, and ambitious engineers who want to make a tremendous impact on providers and patients alike. You will take ownership and help shape many components across the stack: frontend applications for web and mobile, backend applications that serve API’s and process data, architecture, infrastructure, and more. You will help build out the engineering team and foster a collaborative team environment. You will have opportunities to learn and grow and achieve goals well beyond this job description. This position is NYC hybrid / remote.
What success looks like
- Join the Engineering team and help build, maintain, and iterate on software across the stack.
- Help improve healthcare for our patients and providers by developing great products.
- Help define engineering processes that let us develop quickly and produce high quality software (including writing tests and technical documentation).
- Multiply the outcomes of your teammates through collaboration and code review.
- Engage in the entire life cycle of product engineering, including sprint planning, retrospectives, on-call rotation, deploying software.
- Build an understanding of our business and industry, enabling our innovative approach to healthcare software with your technical decisions.
What you will bring
- You have significant depth with more than one language or framework, and you have experience shipping into production.
- You are capable of spanning the entire stack when necessary.
- You are impact focused and have a bias for action and delivery.
- You set a high bar for technical excellence and can help others reach it too.
- You are able to anticipate technical and operational risks, and can help mitigate them.
- You will place compliance, security, and ethics at the forefront of our systems.
You’ll play a significant role in determining what technologies we use at Passage.
Today, we use these technologies:
- React, React Native (iOS and Android)
- AWS, Aptible, Terraform
Why Passage Health?
- As a Software Engineer, and early employee, you will have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the company and our users.
- Chance to use your skills to help children with autism.
- Preference for working in a fast-paced environment with exciting challenges.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation.
- Healthcare, dental, and vision benefits.
Passage Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.