Director of Corporate Communications
Liquidia is deeply passionate and committed to the discovery, engineering, and development required to bring novel therapies to patients who need them most, and to the healthcare providers who care for them. Our current drive is toward improving the treatment of pulmonary hypertension (PH). We will continue to combine our proprietary, innovative PRINT® Technology with new and established medications, offering the potential for both better precision and improved clinical outcomes. Our team members include some of the industry’s top scientists, clinicians, business strategists, engineers, and pharmaceutical executives. We work together to help people lead longer, healthier, and happier lives.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Director, Corporate Communications to lead our external and internal communications efforts in a complex and ever-changing pharmaceutical environment. This encompasses direct responsibilities for corporate communications and media relations, [with support to employee communications through Human Resources]. The Director of Corporate Communications will be responsible for shaping Liquidia’s narrative and ensuring consistent messaging across stakeholder groups, including investors, physicians, patients and employees.
Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, this role will be the first hire into the function and will be widely exposed to all strategic issues at a key time in the company’s evolution as it prepares to launch its first major product and re-set corporate positioning.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an integrated corporate communication strategy that encompasses media relations, corporate communications[, and employee communications], aligned with the company's business objectives and core values.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure consistent and effective messaging across all departments and levels.
- Oversee executive messaging, and other external communications materials, including press releases, capabilities materials.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with media outlets, journalists, and key industry influencers to secure positive coverage and maintain a strong media presence.
- Manage crisis communication strategies and respond to media inquiries adeptly.
- Help refine investor communication plans that effectively convey the company's financial performance, strategy, and growth prospects to shareholders and analysts.
- Work with the marketing team to support product objectives with consistent messaging on corporate communications to drive awareness and engagement
- Monitor industry trends, competitor activities, and market perceptions to refine communication strategies.
- Prepare executives for media engagements, speeches, and public appearances.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communication strategies and campaigns across all communication areas.
- [Lead employee communication initiatives, ensuring a well-informed and engaged workforce through various channels, including newsletters, intranet, and town hall meetings.]
- -Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- -Minimum of 10 years of experience in corporate communications, with a significant portion of that experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- -Mix of PR firm and in-house, public company experience, including knowledge of Reg FD requirements, communicating to the investor community and working with c-level executives
- -Proven track record of success in media relations, marketing communications, investor communications, and employee communications.
- -Strong written and verbal communication skills, adept at tailoring messages for various audiences.
- -Experience in crisis management and handling sensitive situations.
- -Proficiency in utilizing diverse communication channels, including social media, press, and digital platforms.
- -Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- -Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Liquidia offers a competitive compensation package (base salary and commission) as well as a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) Savings Retirement Plan, ESPP, Unlimited Paid Time Off and more!
Liquidia is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Liquidia will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Liquidia via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Liquidia. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Liquidia as a result of the referral or through other means.