Lead Product Manager - Geo ServicesSingapore
Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know our Team
The Geo team develops innovative and industry leading mapping and location products that uniquely serve our customers and differentiate our products from competitors. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with engineering, design and other stakeholders to define an ambitious strategy, develop and maintain a prioritized product backlog, and execute on delivering delightful and impactful experiences for customers. We work with product marketing, operations and other stakeholders on innovative and well defined go-to-market plans; and ship minimum-loveable-products based on quantitative and qualitative data on user behavior and experimentation. We define success metrics and consistently measure the impact of our work.
Get to know the Role
We are looking for a lead product manager with strong product sense, who can internally champion your strategy and obtain necessary approvals. Coordinate with other stakeholders to execute on your roadmap by providing leadership including prioritization and tradeoffs, to a large group of engineers, designers and a distributed operations team. You will define success criteria and track metrics that measure the impact of your work against agreed objectives. We value team players, people who live our values and contribute to the broader objectives of Grab to achieve our mission to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
The Day-to-Day Activities
● You are responsible for product concepts, roadmap and strategies.
● You drive quick time to impact while not compromising quality.
● You develop the business case for new initiatives by driving market analysis, user research and focus groups together with other stakeholders to validate product concepts and prototypes.
● You work with the design team to create delightful user experiences and develop and clarify the user stories for your engineering team.
● You work with stakeholders across the business to execute on product planning, manage dependencies, product roll-outs and collect customer feedback.
● You lead in product meetings with various stakeholders.
● You maintain a good sense of the competitive landscape and build features that strengthen our competitive advantages.
● You have Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility.
● You have 7+ years of experience as a product manager, ideally in high-growth tech companies (Experience with API product strategy or B2B SaaS is a plus).
● You have the ability to independently operate in a complex and ambiguous environment, constructing clear strategies and roadmaps supported by analysis and data from loosely defined priorities and goals.
● You have the strong ability to make decisions using a combination of sensemaking and data-driven insights.
● You have demonstrated success in creating and managing products through full software product lifecycle, from concept to retirement; and inclusion of customer centricity into every stage of product life cycle.
● You value collaboration over competition and team achievements over individual stardom.
● You have excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to articulate complex concepts and strategies to all levels from executive leadership to engineering and operations.
● Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, business finance, economics or related field (Postgraduate or executive education is a plus).
● You have a passion for the tech industry and building delightful product experiences with an ownership mindset to learn, influence and not shy away from the hard stuff in order to meet objectives.
● Experience in the location-services or related industry.
● Experience with creating services from integrated data flows.
● Entrepreneurial or startup experience having investigated product market fit and first launch.
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.
Follow us and keep updated!
Grab is an equal opportunity employer. We owe our success to the talents of our globally-diverse team and the varying perspectives they add to our thriving community.
Grab does not accept unsolicited resumes sent by recruiting agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, Grab employees or other parts of the business. Grab will not be liable to pay any fees to agencies for candidates hired as a result of unrequested resumes.