Digibank Malaysia Project- Fraud Risk ManagerMalaysia
Get to know the Team:
Grab is leading a consortium for Digital Bank license and to build a bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers. We have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. If you have what it takes, help build our new Digibank with us.
Get To Know The Role
- Support and provide strategic inputs to the Head of Fraud Risk to shape fraud risk strategy and establish the sustainable approach and infrastructure to manage fraud risks for the country, across channels and products.
- Support implementation of fraud risk strategy, with the ‘best in class’ tools, analytical solutions and processes to minimise fraud losses while maintaining and adhering to customer charter goals and objectives.
- Support effective fraud risk management strategies, implementation of Fraud Risk Management framework and communication across products and channels.
- Support a proactive, independent, balanced and a fraud risk awareness culture within the organisation.
- Support and drive standardisation, automation and consolidation through re-engineering and process improvement initiatives for the country for fraud risk management.
- Build and manage sustainable and accurate fraud MIS and analytics, fraud loss reporting and regulatory reporting.
- Support effective and robust fraud preventive and detective controls through the use of data analysis, fraud analytics utilising Python or experience in any other analytic tools.
- Manage risk and control activities such as Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and Residual Risk Assessment (RRA) for fraud related processes within appropriate time frames and escalate to relevant stakeholders/ committees.
- Manage fraud prevention and detection activities, including client and staff continuous fraud education, training and awareness.
- Identify and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objectives & Key Results (OKR) to support fraud risk strategy and daily operations.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with regulators, peer banks and fraud risk industry forums to help detect and mitigate fraud.
- Ensure all FRM policies and procedures comply with Group Policies and Standards. Ensure proper and updated documentation in place for in-country policies and procedures.
- Ensure various fraud risks are being actively prevented and detected in a timely manner on an end-to-end basis.
- Proactively seek regular assurance that areas of responsibility are performing to acceptable risk and control standards.
- Ensure oversight across compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
The Must Haves
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a relevant field
- 2+ years of relevant investigative experience in fraud risk and scams related areas will be preferred.
- Strong relationships with Law Enforcement Agencies will be a plus point.
- Demonstrate ability to think/ act outside the box and eagerness to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of managing complex investigations with excellent analytical, problem-solving and risk mitigation.
- Strong understanding of changing fraud and scams typologies in the financial industry for Consumer Banking
- Knowledge of Consumer Banking business practices, processes and procedures
- Visa / Mastercard Rules and Regulations including chargeback process.
- Fast learner with the ability to think out of the box and provide solutions.
- Ability to positively engage and build rapport with clients.
- Has a clear understanding of the client needs been serviced.
- Able to take ownership of issues / tasks and drive to completion.
- Well-versed with data analytical skills, with proven track records in driving data analytics
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Risk Management and Control: The ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to the Bank.
- Governance, Oversight and Controls: Strong leadership capabilities and management skills, with the ability to deliver effective controls within Fraud Risk Operations through both directly managed and virtual teams.
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role of Team Head, Fraud Risk Operations & Analytics.
- Analytics: Usage of Analytics through SQL, Python / R or other analytic tools to effectively manage fraud risk.
- Non-technical skills: Strong written / oral communication and influencing skills. Ability to create effective work relationships within and across functions and borders.
Follow us and keep updated!
Grab is an equal opportunity employer. We owe our success to the talents of our globally-diverse team and the varying perspectives they add to our thriving community.
Grab does not accept unsolicited resumes sent by recruiting agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, Grab employees or other parts of the business. Grab will not be liable to pay any fees to agencies for candidates hired as a result of unrequested resumes.