Senior Software Engineer
CloudFactory is seeking a highly-skilled and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
As a valued member of the team at CloudFactory, you will play a crucial role in developing and implementing cutting-edge software solutions that enhance our machine learning and core business data processing capabilities. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to design and build scalable software systems and ensure their seamless integration with CloudFactory's overall technology infrastructure. If you are enthusiastic about the opportunity to make a difference in the world while working alongside talented individuals from developing nations, then CloudFactory is the perfect fit for you.
While we offer remote work flexibility, we expect this role to be office based 3 days a week.
Our tech stack
- Backend language and frameworks - Go and Gin
- Database - DynamoDB, DocumentDB and Postgres
- Deployment - Github actions
- Observability - New Relic
- Infrastructure - AWS services
Candidates will be expected to complete an initial coding and analytical thinking test, followed by an interview with a Tech Lead and Head of Engineering where they will be expected to talk through previous projects, including approaches taken and results achieved.
Successful candidates will then meet with the Engineering Director before a final interview with the CTO.
The process is expected to take 1-2 weeks.
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications and solutions, ensuring they meet our high-quality standards
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, and data scientists to define project requirements and deliver innovative solutions
- Participate in the entire software development life cycle, from concept and design to testing and deployment
- Find and maintain the technical debt backlog and work on a plan to knock out each of those as deemed necessary.
- Write clean and efficient code in various programming languages
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure code quality and maintainability
- Troubleshoot and debug software issues, providing timely resolutions and solutions
- Identify the time consumers or blockers to the team's success (process/culture) and make recommendations on solutions
- Stay up-to-date with the latest software development trends and technologies to continuously enhance CloudFactory's capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in designing and building complex software systems.
- Proficiency in writing applications using Go programming language.
- Proficiency in working with NoSQL (i.e. DynamoDB) and SQL (i.e. Postgres) databases
- Mastery in performing code reviews and pair programming with other software engineers.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with team members in the UK.