At CloudFactory we’re on a Mission to connect 1 million talented people with meaningful work and grow them as Leaders Worth Following. We’re looking for an Instructional Designer to join our global Workforce Success Learning & Development team and help us create high quality learning courses, resources, and assessments to help upskill and reskill our people for new data annotation work opportunities.
The ideal candidate would be a highly experienced, well-rounded learning professional who is passionate about learning and performance, has a deep understanding of data annotation, is able to create learning using a wide range of modalities, and can lead the full learning lifecycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation).
You would own projects from start to finish, consulting with senior stakeholders from across the business to understand their challenges, gather data to make recommendations, design an effective learning solution, collaborate on the development of that solution with our L&D visual designers, oversee its implementation to ensure it delivered correctly, and capture data from the evaluation to validate its impact.
We believe in flexible working, so are open to candidates who like to work in an office, work at home, or hybrid. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Consult with stakeholders to understand their challenge or opportunity and confirm whether learning will help.
- Gather and interpret data as required to further understand and define the challenge/opportunity.
- Create a High Level Design and Project Plan that outlines an effective solution for the challenge/opportunity, follows instructional design best practice, is achievable in time with the capacity available, and gets value into the hands of learners as quickly as possible. This solution could be a resource, course, program, or pathway.
- Where they are available, work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to define learning objectives and content for the solution. Ideally we are looking for a candidate with subject matter expertise in data annotation who’ll be able to create content with limited support.
- Storyboard well written, interactive learning content (courses, events, and resources) and comms that meet objectives.
- Report to the Learning Designer Manager and stakeholders on progress against the project plan, deadlines, sprint deliverables, and other KPIs.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of learning culture, instructional design, and technical writing across CloudFactory by sharing technical expertise and best practice with the team and organisation.
Skills Requirements Essential
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Senior Instructional Designer role or equivalent.
- Deep knowledge of how people learn, learning theories, and instructional design models.
- Proven experience in instructional design at a resource, course and program level.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proven experience in leading the design, scripting, and development of high-quality learning content (digital and non-digital).
- Very good visual design skills and ability to wireframe, storyboard, and create contemporary digital experiences.
- Proven experience at designing effective assessments, pre-tests, formative, summative as required.
- Proven experience at developing effective learning evaluation strategies, identifying relevant KPIs, collecting data to understand learning impact, and summarising findings for stakeholders.
- Sound project management skills - able to manage a portfolio of projects, working within tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management skills at all levels.
- Effective interpersonal skills - able to communicate at ease with colleagues of all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a highly organised manner, working as part of a team and on own initiative.
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology, or similar.
Skills Requirements Desired
- Solid knowledge of responsive course development software and Learning Management Systems.
- Familiarity with website design, video production, and editing.
- An awareness of accessibility standards.
- Experience designing learning solutions for a global audience.
- Experience working and managing projects effectively with an MVP, iterative mindset.
- Able to create supportive environments for learning which includes online community management, promoting collaboration and discussion through social media technologies and teaching experts how to generate and share your own content.
- Great Mission and Culture
- Meaningful Work
- Market competitive salary
- Quarterly variable compensation
- Remote and Home working
- Commuter/home office, internet and airtime allowance
- Comprehensive medical cover including dental, vision and emergency benefits and an annual Health Spending Account
- Group life insurance
- Personal development and growth opportunities
- Office snacks and lunch
- Periodic team building and social events
Join us, and change the world for the better. If you are skilled and humble, with a commitment to lifelong learning, and you’re curious about the world and its people, you could be a good fit at CloudFactory. We welcome the unique contributions you can bring to help us build a diverse, inclusive workplace because we connect, learn, and grow stronger from our differences. We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. We look forward to hearing from you!
Still unsure? Read ‘5 Reasons You Should Work at CloudFactory’.