Head of Business Development
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
The Head of Business Development is a high-energy team that keeps the top of the sales funnel healthy. In this role, the Head of Business Development will lead a team of BDR and SDR, and to generate a continuous pipeline of leads, spot opportunities to create partnerships and nurture relationships together with the channel partners team, including but not limited to marketing agencies, VCs, Incubators, POS operators and Platform businesses. You will be the first point of contact for senior executives and working team members. You are in charge of creating a first great impression on prospective customers and partners. It is your responsibility to understand their unique needs, identify appropriate Xendit offerings, and chart out the next steps to further grow Xendit’s business with potential leads and partners.
- Opens doors to Enterprises and develops sales leads
- Identifies and creates an entry point for Xendit to do business with large enterprises
- Demonstrates ability to effectively qualify and size potential business
- Expertly develops leads into viable opportunities before handing off to sales managers
- Champions Excellence
- Identify opportunities to shorten sales cycles further and collaborates with internal teams to bring these suggestions to life
- Work as part of the team to develop strategies for scale and growth
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
- Lead, manage, and drive a team of BDR and SDR to streamline the process of Lead Generation, i.e.: both Outbound and Inbound
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities and unblock issues
- Able to coach the team to do Lead Generation with required Sales skills
- Able to set the team goals and targets
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics and data
What we’re looking for
You are willing and able to...
- deliver a convincing pitch to sway customers to onboard with Xendit
- have a knack for working well with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- have a natural curiosity as to how businesses work, and will be an advocate for our potential new large customers
- can operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment - you're willing to try something new, and fail fast
- show a passion for Payments, Finance, Software and Startups
You’re someone who…
- has at least 10 years experience of sales development experience, ideally with an enterprise or scale-up SAAS company, preferably experience in targeting B2B company
- can understand APIs and able to clearly explain this to customers
- ideally has prior experience in payments industry
- a positive and optimistic outlook, with the the ability to handle setbacks and rejections
- excellent presentation skills
- superior verbal and written communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesia and English
- knowledge and expertise in Lead Generation