Financial Operations Associate
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
You are looking for a challenge, eager for a fast-paced startup environment that will push you out of your comfort zone, where learning happens. Most importantly, you’re a problem solver with exquisite attention to detail , unafraid to get technical to understand the root cause of an issue.
As a FinOps Associate, you will be part of the Financial Operations team responsible for ensuring the seamless flow of funds for the countless transactions happening on the Xendit platform daily. It is a wide ranging role. For example, you will be designing processes operationally for new products, building relationships with banking partners, working with product and tech teams as we automate operations, touching base with teams in SG or PH as we grow in other regions in Southeast Asia, and executing financial analysis to support business growth. When you join the Finops team at Xendit, you’ll have the chance to build something that matters.
If you can be accurate and detail-oriented under pressure, are always reliable, collaborative, and love the dynamic environment of operations, we want to hear from you. Bonus points for those who love challenging the status quo.
- Execute Xendit’s day-to-day financial operations
- Support Xendit’s daily operations, which includes processing customer transactions, cash flow management, liaising with banking partners, executing bank requirements, and coordinating with internal teams for customer onboarding and product roll-outs
- Conduct periodic reconciliations to verify the accuracy of financial transactions
- Have the opportunity to learn how Xendit operates from the ground up and make a real impact on the future of the organization
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders
- Solve complex problems by working across product, sales, legal and compliance teams to deliver tailored solutions for our customers
- Provide commercial support to the business
- Assist in tracking financial metrics for Xendit Indonesia
- Derive insights from transaction-related data and deliver the analysis to stakeholders
- Build adhoc analysis as required by senior management\
- Onboarding new products or regions
- Understand how our products and services work and be able to create processes to support Xendit’s expansion in Southeast Asia\
- FX Operations
- Understand the process of cross-border remittance and role of FX
- Be aware of costs and compliance limitations
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
What we’re looking for
You are willing and able to...
- Have great ownership mentality and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Be creative thinker who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions oriented when solving them
- Be detail-oriented and manage multiple priorities while maintaining quality work
- Have a discerning ability to prioritize workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Be a team player and communicate well with internal and external stakeholders
- Have fun learning and have the initiative to look for solutions
- Be rostered on for nights and weekends as needed - shift work doesn’t faze you
- Take initiative to continually ask questions and look for answers
- Prioritize workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Have fun in learning and always seeking to improve
- Fresh graduate of a Management, Accounting, Finance, or similar course, or with 1-2 years experience in financial services or a start-up
- Knowledge of banking services or banking operations is a plus
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable dealing with large data sets and data analysis
- Good verbal & written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Located in Jakarta, preferably close to the central business districts due to banking operations requirements
- Open to working on a shift schedule
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Nice to have: Experience with SQL, data analysis, or visualization tools (e.g. Looker)