Director, Business Operations
Relay, a Raleigh-based tech startup, is looking to change the way we communicate. We’re on a mission that matters.
Frontline workers are the lifeblood of our economy, and we're building the cloud platform that makes them better, faster, and safer than ever before. Our cloud solution offers a data-driven approach to frontline work through real-time communications, real-time location information, and powerful real-time data and insights.
Here at Relay, we've designed, built, and launched an entirely new product category – a simple, rugged, internet-enabled smart device and all the software that runs it – and we’re disrupting the handheld radio industry for B2B clients and frontline workers across multiple industries and verticals.
We've achieved proven product-market fit with a user experience that solves real-world customer pain and unlocks new capabilities and are expanding our operations team and adding a key leadership role to support this growth.
In this impactful role you will lead Relay's supply chain, field services and business operations functions within our growing Operations team.
- Lead the functional execution and strategy of Relay’s supply chain & field services including procurement, international trade compliance, international & domestic freight including imports and exports, demand planning, inventory planning, inventory management, order management, forward logistics, reverse logistics, refurbishment programs, and customer field services programs & offerings.
- Lead the functional execution and strategy of Relay’s quote to cash processes, systems, and team responsible for ensuring accurate and timely invoicing, payment application, collections, financial risk and bad debt exposure within our customer base, driving efficient cash flow for the business while maintaining a strong partnership with customers
- Lead the functional execution of Business Operations Analytics leveraging data and thorough analysis to drive operational planning and business decisions impacting internal resourcing, corporate strategy and customers
- Lead the development and continued support of Business Operations systems, tooling and platforms to ensure accurate interpretation of information and data and ultimately, create improved efficiencies in core workstreams and processes
- Lead the resourcing strategy for Business Operations’ core functions through leveraging process, platforms and people, ensuring a scalable foundation to support Relay’s continued growth
- Collaboratively partner with FP&A to provide inputs into budget and financial models for bad debt accruals and write off, inventory, and various operating expenses
- Collaboratively partner with Operations leaders (Customer Success, Customer Support, and Customer Enablement) to support business and customer needs with data supported decisions.
- Embody Relay’s core values around a growth mindset and stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to ensure that the team is scaling their respective function and performing to target KPIs in line with business objectives.
- Proven track record of driving scale and operational efficiencies in growing b2b SaaS tech startup environment
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to manage and develop high performing teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with vendors, customers, and internal stakeholders.
- Data driven with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deep knowledge and experience in building software tools and platforms to leverage team efficiencies and improve customer experience
- This role requires 20-30% travel to attend on-site customer meetings, conferences and industry events.
- Experience supporting both hardware and software solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in various operations roles including supply chain, business analytics, customer support, customer success, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role, managing and developing a high performing team of mid-level management and independent contributors
About us: company, culture & perks:
First and foremost our culture hinges on growth, impact, and connection where Relayers can do the best work in their lives. It's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever-evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future.
At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Birth Cost Assistance + Paid Parental Leave
- Free Gym Access
- Phone, Fitness Tracker or Home Gym Equipment - annual credit towards a fitness tracker or other workout equipment
- Free Snacks and Fun Times
- Latest PCs/Macbooks, standing desks, and all the accessories and software you need to succeed in your role