Business Analyst, Sales and Marketing
Relay, a Raleigh-based tech startup, is looking to change the way we communicate. We’re on a $mission that matters. Frontline workers are the lifeblood of our economy and we're building the cloud platform that makes them better, faster, and safer than ever before. Our cloud solution offers a data-driven approach to frontline work through real-time communications, real-time location information, and powerful real-time data and insights.
Here at Relay, we've designed, built, and launched an entirely new product category – a simple, rugged, internet-enabled smart device and all the software that runs it – and we’re disrupting the handheld radio industry for B2B clients and frontline workers across multiple industries and verticals. We've achieved proven product-market fit with a user experience that solves real-world customer pain and unlocks new capabilities and are expanding our marketing team to support this growth. We are currently seeking a Business Analyst who will thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
As a Business Analyst, Sales & Marketing you will play a crucial role in driving business intelligence around growth opportunities. Reporting to the Senior Director, Revenue Operations, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Marketing, and Finance to deliver insights around performance and growth opportunities. Your primary focus will be on delivering Sales performance and Growth opportunity insights to inform business decision making. If you have a strong analytical mindset, excellent organizational skills, and a passion for driving sales excellence, this is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Relay's growth in a revenue enabling role.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Gather, analyze, and interpret marketing and sales data to provide actionable insights and recommendations for revenue growth strategy and performance improvements.
- Develop and maintain revenue dashboards and reports to track key performance indicators (KPIs) and provide visibility to sales leadership, enabling better decision making through easier access to critical data sets.
- Conduct regular data audits to ensure data accuracy and integrity within the CRM system.
- Collaborate with Revenue Operations team to implement processes and CRM systems changes to capture missing data or correct inaccuracies.
- Collaborate with sales leadership to develop accurate sales forecasts and pipeline projections.
- Monitor and analyze pipeline health, conversion rates, and sales cycle length to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Support sales and marketing leadership with other data-driven insights as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or a related field.
- 2+ years of proven experience in business analytics, or a similar role within a SaaS or technology company.
- Proficiency in SQL
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and present data effectively.
- Proficiency in CRM systems (e.g., Zoho) and sales analytics tools.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a proactive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Understanding of marketing and sales methodologies, processes, and best practices.
- Familiarity with SaaS business models and the technology industry is a plus.
About us: company, culture & perks:
We have a culture where we empower our Relayers to do the best work in their lives. We call this idea BWIML (best work in my life). It's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future.
At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits for you and those who depend on you
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Cash Reward + Paid Parental Leave
- Annual credit towards items that promote productivity and/or wellness. This includes smartphones, fitness trackers, gym/fitness memberships, workout equipment and more.
- Free Snacks and Fun Times
- Latest tech, standing desks, and all the accessories and software you need to succeed in your role