Software Engineer, BackendIndonesia
Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour, and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to Know the Team
The Transaction Platform team develops and optimizes Grab's Order Platform that supports the fast-growing Transport, GrabFood, and GrabMart business across online and offline channels. We adopt a microservice architecture on the backend and utilize various frontend techniques (e.g. IOS, ADR, Flutter, and Web) to serve our end users (e.g. Consumers, Drivers, Merchants, and Business Partners) across 8 countries. We proactively generalize our microservices into platforms to improve the speed of the market of new products. We follow an adaptive system principle, in which systems keep improving upon different feedback signals without human intervention
Get to Know the Role
We’re looking for individuals who are passionate about technology and good at teamwork. Grab’s mission is to “Drive Southeast Asia forward”. If you are interested in joining us and solving real-world problems that millions of people face across the region, we’d love to talk to you and find out more.
The Day-to-Day Activities
- Design and write with the cutting-edge GO language to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Grab’s range of services.
- You will be involved in code and design reviews to maintain Grab’s development standards.
- You will engage in service capacity and demand planning, software performance analysis, tuning, and optimization.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards.
- You will partner with other engineering teams to explore and create new designs/architectures geared towards scale and performance.
- You will have opportunities to collaborate with product and experience teams to define and prototype feature specifications.
- Work closely with the infrastructure team in building and scaling back-end services and performing root cause analysis investigations.
- You are responsible for designing, building, analyzing, and fixing large-scale systems.
- Debug and modify complex production software.
- You have Heart, Hunger, Honour, and Humility.
- You have the continuous desire to learn new things and embrace the latest technologies
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related fields.
- You possess solid Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
- You have a sound understanding of system performance and scaling.
- You can be a good coder in any programming language, but willing to work on Golang.
- You are passionate about building products, features, and platforms to accelerate business growth.
- Experience in building software systems for delivery business or order systems is a plus.
- Our core services tech stack consists of Golang with Redis, MySQL, DynamoDB, and Elasticsearch data stores. They all run on the AWS cloud infrastructure with auto-scaling abilities.
- We use GitLab for our code repository and we adhere to the basic Continuous Delivery tenets utilizing a host of tools to support our release pipeline and code quality. These include GitLab CI, DataDog, Kibana
We recognize that with these individual attributes come different workplace challenges, and we will work with Grabbers to address them in our journey towards creating inclusion at Grab for all Grabbers.
Grab is an equal opportunity employer. We owe our success to the talents of our globally-diverse team and the varying perspectives they add to our thriving community.
Grab does not accept unsolicited resumes sent by recruiting agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, Grab employees or other parts of the business. Grab will not be liable to pay any fees to agencies for candidates hired as a result of unrequested resumes.